The Securities Industry Dispute Resolution Center (SIDREC) is fully committed to ensuring that its processing of personal data is in compliance with the seven (7) principles of Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (PDPA 2010).
Purpose of Notice
This notice is issued pursuant to the PDPA 2010 to all stakeholders of SIDREC including its Members, retail investors, vendors, etc.
What Personal Data SIDREC Collects
SIDREC collects data that is related to:
- Your personal Information as an investor who uses or has used the services or investment products provided by SIDREC Members comprising entities who are either licensed or registered by the Securities Commission Malaysia pursuant to the Capital Markets & Services Act 2007, to deal in securities, derivatives, unit trusts, Private Retirement Scheme (PRS) or undertake fund management.
- Information on the dispute against a SIDREC Member.
- Information on the dispute from the SIDREC Member relating to services or investment products provided to you.
How SIDREC Collects Your Personal Data
Data is collected from:
- The Enquiry Form
- The Dispute/Claim Form
- Letters, emails and/or questionnaires/surveys and the documents you have submitted
- Oral discussions and/or telephone conversations
Purpose of Collecting Your Personal Data
SIDREC collects the data for:
- Its dispute resolution service between you and a SIDREC Member.
- Publication of relevant information on the manner and reason(s) for arriving at a particular recommendation or adjudication with a view of educating the general public and SIDREC Members. However, your identity and that of the SIDREC Member will remain anonymous.
- Submission of reports to the Securities Commission Malaysia.
Disclosure of your personal data
- The personal data provided will be handled by or revealed only to the personnel of SIDREC.
- If required by any written law or by order of a court of law.
Right to request access of your personal data
- You have the right to request access to and make correction of the personal data you have submitted. Formal requests should be made in writing to SIDREC.
The extent of personal data you supply
- You have the option to limit the processing of your personal data by informing SIDREC in writing.
Your Personal Data Security
- SIDREC will take all appropriate measures to secure your personal data and its confidentiality in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations of the PDPA 2010.
Retention of Personal Data
- As prescribed in Section 10 of the PDPA 2010 ( personal data processed for any purpose shall not be kept longer than is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose), SIDREC will retain and destroy the collected personal data accordingly.
- You can seek further clarification and request to access or amend/update your personal data by contacting us at:
Phone/Fax: +60-3-2282 2280 /+60-3-2282 3855
Securities Industry Dispute Resolution Center
Unit A-9-1, Level 9, Tower A
Menara UOA Bangsar
No. 5, Jalan Bangsar Utama 1
59000 Kuala Lumpur
Monday to Friday: 9:00AM to 6:00PM
Closed for Lunch: 1:00PM to 2:00PM on Monday to Thursday, 12:30PM to 2:30PM on Friday
Weekends & Public Holidays: Closed