SIDREC is a one-stop independent dispute resolution centre for disputes involving monetary claims relating to capital market products and services. We were set up under the Capital Markets and Services (Dispute Resolution) Regulation 2010 (“Regulations”) to provide free, fair and expert help to retail investors and capital market intermediaries.
Our team is small but power-packed. SIDREC offers competitive remuneration packages for our staff. We provide a conducive and comfortable working environment in an office tower connected to the Bangsar LRT station in Kuala Lumpur. If you want a career in a nascent industry, that is fast paced, enjoy working in a small team and want to grow with the organisation, you may just be the right fit.
We have a vacancy and our requirements for the position are as follows:
Management of cases through the complete dispute resolution cycle to ensure that cases are handled in a timely and professional manner, including:
- Case management as well as the management of mediation and adjudication of cases in accordance with SIDREC’s Regulations and Terms of Reference;
- Active maintenance of SIDREC’s case management database;
- Escalating areas of concern to the Head of Dispute Resolution (“HDR”), including case management matters that may require the intervention of the HDR and/or the Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”) and any potential gaps in SIDREC’s purview and procedural framework;
- Assisting the HDR in overseeing the referral of complaints not within SIDREC’s purview by the case management / dispute resolution team to the relevant authorities (if any) in a timely manner and which is within the knowledge of SIDREC; and
- Assisting the HDR in secretariat matters to SIDREC Appeals Committee.
Provide the HDR and/or the CEO with the relevant support as regards SIDREC’s overall administration, research, policy development and implementation initiatives, and preparation of reports/papers including:
- Assisting the HDR and/or the CEO in any corporate legal affairs;
- Assist the HDR and/or CEO in the preparation of Board and Board Committee papers as and when required;
- Undertaking research and/or providing input on dispute resolution matters and legal related matters as required by the HDR and/or the CEO;
- Providing support to the HDR and/or the CEO in the engagements with regulators on matters relating dispute resolution and any reporting requirements in this regard;
- Providing support to the HDR and/or CEO on the awareness efforts of SIDREC, in particular on the engagement with various stakeholders, including in the preparation of SIDREC’s Annual Report; and
- Undertaking such other assignments/projects as may be instructed by the HDR and/or CEO from time to time, including contributing to any special projects that are being periodically managed by SIDREC.
Job Requirement: Qualification & Experience
- A strong first degree in Law, Finance, Accounting, Banking or the equivalent from a recognised university and relevant professional qualification
- Experience of capital market with a capital market intermediary or relevant regulatory authority or from legal practice is an added advantage
- Good knowledge and experience of the operations of the capital market, its regulatory and market framework and applicable laws is an added advantage
- Experience in compliance functions is an added advantage
- Experience or exposure to mediation and/or arbitration is an added advantage
- Experience in research, writing and development of policies and procedures is an added advantage
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience
Other General Requirements
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Bahasa Malaysia. Ability to write, read and speak Mandarin is an added advantage
- Effective engagement and communication skills
- Self-initiated with strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a diverse team
- Able to work independently and as part of a team, proactive and results oriented.
- Meticulous, committed and able to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Must be able to handle confidential information with a high degree of discretion
- Familiar with Microsoft Office applications with experience in working with Excel and PowerPoint applications
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter, resume with current and expected salary together with a recent passport-size photograph (non-returnable) by post to or apply online.
SECURITIES INDUSTRY DISPUTE RESOLUTION CENTER (201001025669)
Unit A-9-1, Level 9, Tower A, Menara UOA Bangsar
No.5, Jalan Bangsar Utama 1
59000 Kuala Lumpur
(Only shortlisted candidates will be notified)