SIDREC is a one-stop independent dispute resolution centre for disputes involving monetary claims relating to capital market products and services. We were set up under the Capital Markets and Services (Dispute Resolution) Regulation 2010 to provide free, fair and expert help to retail investors and capital market intermediaries.
We are looking for an Assistant Manager (Operations) to, among others, assist the Head of Operations in managing SIDREC’s overall operations, including the Center’s Human Resource (HR), Administration (Admin), Finance, IT and SIDREC Membership functions.
Our team is small but power-packed. SIDREC offer competitive remuneration packages for our staff. We provide a conducive and comfortable working environment in an office tower connected to the Bangsar LRT station in Kuala Lumpur. If you want a career in a nascent industry, that is fast paced, enjoy working in a small team and want to grow with the organisation, you may just be the right fit.
We have a vacancy and our requirements for the position are as follows:
Assistant Manager (Operations)
- Work closely with the Head of Operations (“HOO”) to ensure the effective and efficient management of SIDREC’s overall operations, including the Center’s Human Resource (HR), Administration (Admin), Finance, IT and SIDREC Membership functions
- Assist the HOO in the development, implementation and periodic review of strategies, policies and procedures relating to SIDREC’s overall operations, including the Center’s HR, Admin, Finance, IT and SIDREC Membership functions
- Assist the HOO to provide counselling on SIDREC’s operational policies and procedures, including those relating to the Center’s HR, Admin, Finance, IT and SIDREC Membership functions
- Assist the HOO to co-ordinate Board and Board Committee meetings, prepare Board papers relating to SIDREC’s HR, Admin, Finance, IT and SIDREC Membership functions and write minutes of Board Committee meetings
- Assist the HOO to manage the development, implementation and periodic review of SIDREC’s HR initiatives and systems, including SIDREC’s competency framework and capacity building initiatives as well as SIDREC’s training and development programmes
- Assist the HOO to manage SIDREC’s end-to-end recruitment process i.e. from the preparation of job descriptions, sourcing candidates until the on-boarding of a new recruit
- Assist the HOO with the performance management and review of SIDREC’s staff
- Support the HOO in the management of disciplinary and grievance issues raised by SIDREC staff
- Assist the HOO to manage the exit of SIDREC staff
- Assist the HOO to maintain the records of SIDREC’s staff
- Assist the HOO to review SIDREC’s employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance
- Work with the HOO and where appropriate, with other unit heads on engagement with stakeholders comprising regulators, capital market intermediaries, industry associations and other capital market stakeholders.
- Assist the HOO to build and maintain strong collaborative relationships with SIDREC’s Members to ensure effective management of SIDREC’s membership register
- Assist the HOO and/or Head of Dispute Resolution (HDR) to ensure compliance with SIDREC’s Constitution and any company secretarial requirements
- Assist the HOO to review and assess complaints made against SIDREC by external parties
- Assist the HOO to manage the development, implementation and periodic review of SIDREC’s governance and risk framework
- Support any policy and research related work identified by the CEO and HOO
- Undertake such other assignments/projects as may be instructed by the CEO and HOO from time to time
Job Requirement: Qualification and Experience
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree/Professional Degree in Accounting, Finance, Law, IT, HR or other relevant field from a recognised university
- Experience of whole cycle of HR functions is an added advantage
- Experience in accounting and finance is an added advantage
- Experience in research, writing and development of policies and procedures is an added advantage
- Experience in Board and company/corporate secretarial matters, including writing of Board papers and minutes, is an added advantage
- Experience in trouble-shooting basic IT issues is an added advantage
- Experience in using online platforms such as Hangouts and Zoom is an added advantage
Other General Requirements
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Effective engagement and communication skills
- Self-initiated with analytical and critical thinking skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a diverse team
- Able to work independently and as part of a team, proactive and results oriented.
- Meticulous, committed and able to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Must be able to handle confidential information with a high degree of discretion
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter, resume with current and expected salary together with a recent passport-size photograph (non-returnable) by post to or apply online.
SECURITIES INDUSTRY DISPUTE RESOLUTION CENTER (201001025669)
Unit A-9-1, Level 9, Tower A, Menara UOA Bangsar
No.5, Jalan Bangsar Utama 1
59000 Kuala Lumpur
(Only shortlisted candidates will be notified)