Who We Are
SIDREC is an independent corporate body established for the settlement of monetary disputes between investors and SIDREC Members who are Capital Markets Services Licence holders or are registered by the Securities Commission Malaysia for the following regulated activities:
- Dealing in Securities
- Dealing in Derivatives
- Dealing in Unit Trusts
- Dealing in Private Retirement Schemes (PRS)
- Fund Management
Our Members include Banks, Brokers, Fund Management Companies, Unit Trust Management Companies, and PRS Providers and Distributors.
How We Can Help
We are an alternative dispute resolution body that handles disputes involving monetary claims relating to capital market products and services that an investor may have against capital market intermediaries. We help to resolve such claims in a fair, efficient, and timely manner.
SIDREC Benefits Investors & Members
- One-stop centre that handles claims free of charge*. Our service is fast, efficient and convenient for the investor.
- Enhance investors’ understanding of the market and their responsibilities for their investments.
- Enhance members’ understanding of investor concerns and challenges.
- A “specialised” independent and impartial body resolving capital market disputes with expert knowledge and experience.
*For claims not exceeding RM250,000.00.