Kuala Lumpur, 5 September 2016
Commercial and Islamic Banks to Join as SIDREC Members under Dispute Resolution Framework for Capital Markets
The Securities Commission Malaysia (SC) and Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) announce today that commercial and Islamic banks offering capital market services and products will become members of the Securities Industry Dispute Resolution Center (SIDREC), as part of efforts to enhance the financial dispute resolution arrangements for consumers in Malaysia. This announcement follows the SC’s amendment to the Capital Markets and Services (Dispute Resolution) Regulations 2010, which takes effect today.
View the list of 43 new Members comprising Commercial and Islamic banks.
View the FAQ pertaining to this Media Release.
Related news articles:
- Berita Harian: Bank komersial, Islam jadi ahli SIDREC
- Bernama: Commercial, Islamic banks to join as SIDREC Members
- The Edge Financial Daily: Commercial, Islamic banks now members of SC’s SIDREC
- The Malaysian Reserve: Banks Join Financial Dispute Resolution Centre
- The Star: Initiative for Islamic banks
- theSun Daily: Commercial, Islamic banks now members of SIDREC
- Thomson Reuters: Commercial and Islamic Banks to Join as SIDREC Members under Dispute Resolution Framework for Capital Markets
- Utusan Online: 43 bank sertai SIDREC